WE NEED YOUR HELP ~ BE A PART OF ELIOT'S FUTURE ~ VOLUNTEER TODAY!
We currently have vacancies on the Aging-In-Place Committee, Capital Improvement Committee, Conservation Commission as well as the Planning Board. *Listing with membership details attached below.
The Aging-In-Place Committee meet on the third Thursday of the month at 4:00pm, all meetings are currently being held remotely via Zoom..
The mission of the AIP Committee is to provide advocacy changes in Eliot’s physical, economic, and social environment that enable Eliot residents, especially older residents, to live in their homes for as long as possible and that foster the creation of services and programs geared to keeping all residents active and engaged in the community.
The Capital Improvement Committee meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 4:30pm at the Town Office.
The CI Committee is currently working on a potential expansion / renovation of the Town Office.
The Conservation Commission meet on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm at the Town Office.
The purpose of the Commission shall be to ensure the proper utilization and protection of the natural resources, ecosystems, scenic vistas and open spaces of Eliot; to protect the watershed and wetland resources of Eliot; and to further an awareness and understanding of conservation practices and policies throughout the Town and region.
The Planning Board meet on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7pm, all meetings are currently being held remotely via Zoom.
Some current / upcoming Planning Board topics that members would likely be involved in are:
- Help shape the future of Route 236 as the Water & Sewer Project is installed, including considerations such as economic development, new land uses, zoning, and conservation
- Provide input into community projects such as a community gathering space next to Town Hall and extension of sidewalks to new destinations
- Weigh in on ordinance amendments – changes to land use regulations that affect community quality of life
- Play a role in development review as the Planning Board continues to see a healthy amount of development applications
- Seek new topics to champion as a Planning Board member, e.g. workforce housing, environmental protection, economic development
If you would like more information about the committees please contact Michael Sullivan, Town Manager. Telephone 439-1813 ext.107 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying to be a member of a board of committee, please fill in the application form (attached below) and deliver to the Town Clerk's Office at 1333 State Road, Eliot, ME 03903 or send via attachment to email to Wendy Rawski, Town Clerk at email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the Select Board.