Annual Town Election & Referendum and MSAD #35 District Budget Referendum Tuesday, June 13th - Be an Informed Voter!
Annual Town Election & Referendum
MSAD #35 District Budget Validation Referendum
When: Tuesday, June 13th
Opening Ceremonies @ 7:30am
Polls Open from 8:00am to 8:00pm
Where: Marshwood Middle School Gymnasium, 626 Harold L. Dow Highway *Please use Depot Road entrance / exit. There will be "Vote Here" signage at the polling entrance area.
Town & MSAD #35 Election & Referendum Material such as Citizens' Option / Public Hearing Agenda, Warrant, Ordinance Amendments, Public Hearing Notice, Sample Ballots etc...will be posted as attachments below as they become available
Absentee Voting and How to Request an Absentee Ballot
The Town is encouraging residents to consider voting by absentee ballot for the safety of both the voters and election workers. To minimize interaction with others during this public health pandemic (COVID-19), some voters may prefer voting by absentee ballot. Casting an absentee ballot is convenient and secure.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot by telephone, or by written request is Thursday, June 8th. After this deadline, voters may request an absentee ballot by completing and signing a Special Circumstance Application if they qualify with one of the four allowable reasons by State Law:
- Absent from town between 8am and 8pm unexpectedly
- Physical Disability
- Unable to leave home/treatment facility due to incapacity or illness
- Resident of a coastal Island and unable to travel to the polls
Eliot voters wishing to obtain an absentee ballot and vote from home can order their ballots now by one of three options.
1. Order electronically through the Maine Online Absentee Ballot Request Service *NOTE: This service is not available for Town only elections as it is a State Service
2. By completing and signing an absentee ballot application, voters are encouraged to mail it or deliver it directly to the Town Clerk's Office, 1333 State Road, Eliot, ME 03903. The application can be delivered directly to staff in the Town Clerk's Office during our posted hours or by dropping it in the secure drop box located on the front left corner of the building.
3. Call the Town Clerk's Office at 207-439-1817 to request an absentee ballot. Please note: Each voter must speak to a staff member to request their ballot for voter verification.
Please consider requesting and returning your ballot early!
Returning Your Voted Ballot
There are a few ways you are able to return your ballot:
1. By Mail: Please return your ballot early enough to allow for postal mail delivery time. We are encouraging voters to return their ballots as soon as possible to assist us with early processing.
2. Drop Box: The official drop box located at the front left corner of the Town Office will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is secure, locked and constantly monitored by a security camera. Must be dropped by 8PM on Election Day to be counted.
3. In Person: The Town Clerk's Office is open Monday - Thursday, 8:30am to 3:30pm, Closed on Friday.
Early (Absentee) Voting at the Town Office
We will access the need and update with a schedule once determined
Residents are encouraged to update their voter registration information or register to vote prior to Election Day to help reduce lines. For more information on voter registration click here.