View Contact Info & Hours
ELIOT CELEBRATES OUR STATE’S BICENTENNIAL
September 2019 - September 2020
The MAINE BICENTENNIAL COMMITTEE wants you and/or
your organization to join us in a year- long
celebration of Maine's 200th Birthday.
We will be kicking off the celebration on ELIOT FESTIVAL DAY 2019 and ending it on ELIOT FESTIVAL DAY 2020. We are in the process of developing a calendar of community events to celebrate 200 years as a state. This calendar will be available on Eliot Festival Day and events will be added as plans are finalized.
HOW CAN YOU BECOME INVOLVED?
- Make sure you or your organization are represented at Eliot Festival Day - participate in the parade - have a booth - enter the Outhouse Race
- Build upon the activities you already do AND incorporate creative ways to share your history and celebrate our State’s Bicentennial.
- Organize and/or Host a special event that highlights your organization or committee to add to the calendar. Get creative!
- Love a parade? The Maine State Parade will be in Lewiston on May 2, 2020. Want to work on Eliot’s entry in the parade?!
- Attend scheduled events during the year which will include the William Fogg Library’s “Eliot Read Book Club” and Story Book Walks, Historical Society Tours and Talks, events at the John F. Hill Grange, and the many others that will be on the upcoming calendar.
- Let us know of your ideas and plans to celebrate your own history!
ALL ARE INVITED to join us at our meetings which are held at the William Fogg Library on Monday afternoon. Until we get on a regular schedule please check the town website for dates, sign up for our email announcements or Contact Jan @ [email protected] (748-0932) or Lydia @ [email protected] (439-1580)