State of Maine Referendum Election & Special Municipal Referendum
When: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Opening Ceremonies @ 7:30am
Polls Open from 8:00am to 8:00pm
Where: Marshwood Middle School Gymnasium, 626 Harold L. Dow Highway *Please use Depot Road entrance / exit
Please Note: To adhere to public health and social distancing guidelines, a limited number of voters at a time will be permitted into the polling location. Other voters may need to wait outside until authorized to enter to maintain the allowable number of persons present in the building.
Absentee Voting at Home and Requesting an Absentee Ballot
The Town is encouraging residents to consider voting by absentee ballot for the safety of both the voters and election workers. To minimize interaction with others during this public health pandemic (COVID-19), some voters may prefer voting by absentee ballot. Casting an absentee ballot is convenient and secure. Absentee ballots will be available on or about October 4, 2021.
*Eliot voters wishing to obtain an absentee ballot and vote from home can order their ballots now by one of three options.
1. Order electronically through the Maine Online Absentee Ballot Request Service
2. Complete and sign an absentee ballot application, voters are encouraged to mail it or deliver it directly to the Town Clerk's Office, 1333 State Road, Eliot, ME 03903. The application can be delivered directly to staff in the Town Clerk's Office during our posted hours or by dropping it in the secure drop box located on the front left corner of the building.
3. Call the Town Clerk's Office at 207-439-1817 to request an absentee ballot, each voter must speak to a staff member to request their ballot for voter verification.
Please Note: The State deadline to request an absentee ballot online, by telephone, or by written request is Thursday, October 28, 2021.
Please consider requesting and returning your ballot early!
Absentee ballots will become available and will be provided by mail to voters that have filed an application on or about October 4, 2021.
Returning Your Voted Ballot
There are a few ways you are able to return your ballot:
1. By Mail: Please return your ballot early enough to allow for postal mail delivery time. To ensure delivery they are requesting that Saturday, October 30th be the last day to mail locally to ensure delivery and not inundate the system. We are encouraging voters to return their ballots as soon as possible to assist us with early processing.
2. Drop Box: The official drop box at the Town Office will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is secure, locked and constantly monitored by a security camera.
3. In Person: The Town Clerk's Office is open Monday - Thursday 7:00am to 4:30pm, Closed on Friday.
Early (Absentee) Voting at the Town Office
We will access the need and update with a schedule once determined
Residents are encouraged to update their voter registration information or register to vote prior to Election Day to help reduce lines. For more information on voter registration click here.